The Breather Respiratory Muscle Training Device - PNM-BREATHER - Respiratory Muscle Training Device
EARN 20% REWARD DOLLARS!The Breather Respiratory Muscle Training Device is an Inspiratory/Expiratory Respiratory Muscle Training device. Breather, activates and strengthens your muscles for breathing, speech and swallow. This will improve breathlessness, coordination of speech and breathing, and quality of speech. It will also increase swallowing safety, improve airway clearance and reduce the risk of aspiration.The Breather RMT Device HighlightsResistive Inspiratory and Expiratory Muscle Therapy (RMT)Pulmonary and speech therapy deviceDrug FreeAdjustable and independent pressure settings Patient can be in any position for therapy Lightweight and portable Easy to use and clean
Breather Respiratory Muscle Training Device Features
- Inspiratory muscles: diaphragm, external intercostals, accessory muscles of neck
- Expiratory muscles: internal intercostals, abdominals
- Promotes diaphragmatic breathing
- Generates improved airflow through vocal folds
- Decreases shortness of breath
- Improves blood flow to resting and exercising limbs
- Helps in movement of hyolaryngeal complex
- Improves respiratory support for safe swallow function
- Improves protective cough and assists in airway clearance
- Adjustable and independent inspiratory and expiratory pressure settings
- Large, easy to read dial settings
- Mouthpiece engineered to provide superior mouth seal
- Ergonomic body shape for easy hand grip
How does the Breather work?
The Breather RMT device combines inspiratory and expiratory muscle training, with demonstrated efficacy in improving speech and swallowing in patients with neuromuscular disease such as Parkinsons. Furthermore, RMT in athletes and healthy individuals using The Breather led to improved respiratory functions, heart rate, peripheral muscle strength and exercise performance.
When to use the Breather RMT Device?
This course is for people experiencing abnormal respiratory and speech functions impacting their daily lives. Some of these include:
- Congenstive Heart Failure
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Vocal Fold Pathalogies
- Ventilator / Trach Weaning
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Sleep Apena
Who Can Use Breather?
- Healthy Living
- Speech Patients
- Pulmonary Patients
What to Buy With Respiratory Muscle Trainor?
How to use the Breather Device?
- Sit upright, hold the mouthpiece between your lips.
- Breathe in and out through The Breather using diaphragmatic (abdominal) breathing.
- Rotate the tactile inhale (settings 1-6) and exhale (settings 1-5) dials to a setting at which you manage 10 breaths without puffing your cheeks or getting out of breath. You want to feel as if you've been giving 70% of your effort to get to the 10th breath.
- Increase the inhale and exhale settings independently of each other if the set of 10 breaths becomes too easy. Reduce the dial settings if you have not been using your Breather for a period of time due to illness or other reason.
- Training: Please use The Breather 6 days per week. 2 sessions per day (mornings and evening). 2 sets of 10 full breaths per session.
- You should start noticing positive benefits after your first week of use. Continue training using The Breather for the rest of your life.
How to clean The Breather Medical Device?
- Separate Breather from mouthpiece.
- Wash in warm water with mild dish washing soap.
- Rinse well, thoroughly shake off excess water, towel dry out surfaces.
- Set both dials to 1 and sharply inhale and exhale to release possible moisture seal.
- Air dry, and store in non humid location.
Important Tips while using The Breather Medical Device
- Your Breather will be exposed to saliva during use; try to clean it on a daily basis
- The blue dial diaphragms may stick from moisture build up after cleaning or after use. Set both dials to 1, then inhale and exhale sharply to release the moisture seal
- Do not put The Breather in the dishwasher High heat cycle may effect the blue dial diaphragms
Respiratory Training Device Specification
|Respiratory Impaired Range||-100 cmH2O to +43 cmH2O|
|Healthy Adult Range||-140 cmH2O to +80 cmH2O|
|Settings||6 Inspiratory, 5 Expiratory|
|Dimensions||129 x 43 x 46mm|
|Use||Single User Device|