Salter Style Children Nasal Cannula - 1610-7-50 - Premature, With 7Ft Supply Tube
Salter Style Children Nasal Cannula is used to deliver supplemental oxygen to patients taking oxygen therapy. It is soft and gentle to delicate facial skin. The over-the-ear style headset provides secure positioning, allowing freedom of movement.Salter Nasal Cannula:Clear, lightweight cannula for oxygenFor oxygen flows up to 3LPM or 6 LPMUnique, one piece anatomical designEliminates the need for irritating flapMaximum patient comfort
Salter Style Children Nasal Cannula
- Intended for use in home, outpatient, extended care, transport and hospital environments
- Supply tube features 3 channel safety for uninterrupted flow of oxygen
- Over-the-ear style headset of Salter Style Children Nasal Cannula provides secure positioning
- Curved, tapered nasal prongs for increased comfort
- Comfortable and non-irritating since it is anatomically curved to fit the upper lip
- Single patient use
- Also available (sold separately):
- or oxygen flowmeter
- Adjust flow control knob to the prescribed liter flow. Check for gas flow from the nasal prongs.
- Position the Salter Style Children Nasal Cannula with the nasal prongs facing upward and curved toward the face. Insert the two nasal prongs into the nostrils.
- Wrap the headset loop up and over both ears. Alternative placement: Secure headset loop behind head.
- Squeeze the sides of the bolo and glide the bolo up under your chin. Leave enough space to fit at least two fingers between the bolo and chin.
Care and Cleaning Instructions:
- Do not sterilize oxygen cannula. Do not reuse.
- Once a day, use a clean damp cloth to wipe off the nasal prongs and headset tubing.
- Replace infant nasal cannula once every 7 days. Replace if it becomes soiled or damaged.
- Do not allow the patient or anyone around them to smoke. This includes the use of electronic cigerattees, pipes, cigars and cigerattes. Although, oxygen is a non-flammable gas, it does support combustion.
- Keep oxygen equipment at least 6 feet away from flames or any heat source.
- Do not use petroleum based products or oil-based creams and lotions in or around the patients nose.
- Do not use flammable products such as aerosol sprays or cleaning products near the oxygen source.
- Avoid using electrical equipment that may cause a spark; for example, hair dryers electric razor, and electric toothbrushes.
- Follow physician prescription for oxygen use.
- The total length of the Salter Style Children Nasal Cannula and oxygen tubing should not exceed 57 feet to ensure there is enough pressure to deliver prescribed oxygen flow rate.
- Do not kink, bend or tie the oxygen tubing.
- Do not place anything on top of oxygen cannula and oxygen tubing that could obstruct flow.
- Keep excess tubing loosely coiled and out of the way to prevent tripping on oxygen tubing.
- Do not place oxygen tubing or nasal cannula under blankets, bedsheets, etc.
- Do not let children play with oxygen equipment.
- Use of swivel connector can help prevent tubing from twisting.