Salter 8900 Series Disposable Small Volume Jet Nebulizer With Supply Tube - 8900-7-50 - With Anti-Drool "T", Mouthpiece, 6" (15.24cm) Reservoir Tube
Salter 8900 Series Disposable Small Volume Jet Nebulizer With Supply Tube is a versatile, high performance jet nebulizer used for reliable, efficient and convenient aerosol treatments. Salter Small Volume Jet Nebulizer is designed for patient satisfaction and enhanced performance in varied healthcare settings, such as home or hospital. Its unique design allows 3cc medication delivery in less than 10 minutes, even when held at an angle. This Jet Nebulizer works great in ventilator circuits and easily connects to adult or pediatric masks. Salter 8900 Series Nebulizer is easy to assemble and disassemble, provide a leak-proof seal and allow the patients to be in a comfortable position for treatment.Salter 8900 Disposable Jet Nebulizer HighlightsSimplifies tube attachmentEasy to see, and allows for thorough jet cleaning and reassemblyEasy to assemble and disassembleOne-eighth turn screw on capRemovable green convex coneVariety of uses: Hospital, Clinic, Skilled Nursing Facility, HomecareLatex free
Benefits of Salter Small Volume Jet Nebulizer
- Nebulizes 3cc within 7 minutes or less at 7 LPM, when held in a horizontal or vertical position
- Allow patients to comfortably take their medication without much hassle
- Larger surface area provided by unique convex cone design maximizes dispersion and minimizes medication waste
- Scalloped, bottom cuff design simplifies attachment to the compressor
- Anti-drool ?T? design helps prevent contamination from patient saliva
- 8900 Nebulizer is designed to reduce nebulized medication delivery times
- Allows patient to be in a comfortable position for their treatment
- Provides a leak proof seal
- Maximum capillary action eliminates medication waste
- and single patient use
Know Your Salter Jet Nebulizer
What to buy with Salter Jet Nebulizer?
How To Use Salter Nebulizer With Mouthpiece?
- Firstly you need to assemble hand-held nebulizer that holds the medication during treatment and turns it into a fine mist, T-adapter, plastic mouthpiece through which the medication mist is delivered, 6-inch corrugated tube and 7-foot long air supply tube.
- Pick up the hand held nebulizer with one hand grasping the clear bottom section of the unit.
- With your other hand grasp the top opaque part of the nebulizer and rotate the top in a counter-clockwise direction.
- The top will disengage from the bottom. Set the top aside.
- Make sure that the green funnel-shaped cone is securely in place in the bottom of the nebulizer unit with the small end of the cone facing up.
- Hold the bottom of the nebulizer in one hand. With your other hand add your medication as directed by your healthcare provider into the cup along the side of the green cone.
- Try to add the medication along the side of the cup to prevent it from going down the hole in the green cone.
- Now replace the top of the nebulizer to the medication cup and then rotate the top in a counter-clockwise direction. The top will engage the medication cup.
- If you are planning to use a mouthpiece to take your aerosol treatment first attach the T adapter to the nebulizer by inserting the outlet on the top of the nebulizer to the inlet port on the T-adapter. This is the opening with three plastic rings.
- Now slide the T adapter firmly onto the nebulizer.
- Connect one end of a six-inch corrugated tube over the smaller diameter end of the T-Adapter.
- This tube stores excess aerosolized medication between inhalations to minimize medication waste and to improve the effectiveness of your treatments.
- Place the round end of the mouthpiece into the other end of the T adapter.
How To Use Salter Nebulizer With Aerosol Mask?
- Pediatric and Adult attach in the place of a mouthpiece, T adapter and corrugated tube to the handheld nebulizer.
- If you will be using either an adult or pediatric aerosol mask for your treatment assemble your nebulizer and connect it to the compressor as previously discussed.
- Connect the mask to the nebulizer by sliding the inlet port on the mask into the outlet on the top of the nebulizer.
- Your nebulizer mask assembly is now ready for use.
- Simply turn on your compressor. After a few moments, your compressor and nebulizer will be delivering a fine mist which you will inhale to get the medication deeply into your lungs.
- When using a mask for treatments you can hold it up to your face with one hand placing it securely over your nose and mouth and inhale deeply.
- Hold your breath for several seconds and exhale slowly.
- Continue this until there is no liquid remaining in the medication cup.
- Salter Aerosol Masks have a strap which you can place over and behind your head to hold the mask and nebulizer in place during your treatment.
How to Clean Salter Nebulizer?
- Salter Nebulizer must be cleaned between treatments.
- To do so, disassemble all the parts.
- Do not wash or rinse the supply tubing.
- After taking your nebulizer apart, wash all of the parts in warm soapy water.
- Rinse the parts in clean water and ensure that all soap residue is removed.
- Air-dry the parts on a paper towel.
Salter Jet Nebulizer Specifications
Particle Size (microns)