Respironics Softcap Nasal Mask Headgear - 1002064 - Medium, Blue, Mesh
Respironics Softcap Nasal Mask Headgear is a reusable headstrap designed for use with nasal and full face CPAP masks. It features adjustable top and bottom straps. Stretchable cap cradles the crown of the head.
- Connecting and Adjusting the Softcap:
- Unhook the tabs on the four straps of the Softcap. The fuzzy sides should be facing out, away from the face.
- Thread the tabs through the top and side slots in the mask. Fasten the straps onto the mask for the largest size possible.
- Hold the mask in place, pressing comfortably against your face, and slide the Softcap over your head.
- Connect the patient circuit to the mask connector. Turn the unit on.
- Lie down and breathe through your nose. Unhook the straps and then gradually tighten them until the mask has minimal leaks and fits comfortably. Adjust the top straps first, making sure they are above your ears. Adjust the neck straps and make sure the Softcap securely fits the back of your head.
- Removing the Softcap:
- Because the entire Softcap stretches, you should not need to unfasten the straps to remove the Softcap. Simply slide the mask and Softcap over your head.
- For repeated use on a single patient, wash the Softcap at least once each week. Otherwise, clean it after each use.
- Remove the Softcap from the mask and fasten the hook tabs to the straps. Hand wash with a mild laundry detergent. Do not use bleach.
- Line dry. Machine drying may cause wrinkling. Do not iron the softcap.