RDS Microspacer Aerosol Spacer Device - 17201 - Microspacer
RDS Microspacer Aerosol Spacer Device attaches to a metered dose inhaler (MDI) prescribed by the doctor. The purpose of Microspacer is to block and disperse the large aerosol drug particles released from the metered dose inhaler, thus allowing the user to inhale medication more effectively after spraying the MDI. It represents a technological breakthrough regarding proper airway disposition of asthma medication. Microspacer Aerosol Device reduces "impactor throat" deposition over 70%. The vestpocket-size Microspacer extends the mouthpiece of a metered-dose inhaler only one inch and weighs less than an ounce. Each Microspacer Device lasts from 4 to 6 months before requiring replacement.Why to Choose RDS Microspacer Aerosol Spacer Device?Less expensive compared to all larger spacer devicesEasy to cleanIncludes free Poly bag
Microspacer Aerosol Spacer Device Features
- FDA 510K approved
- Unique built-in screen system
- Smallest aerosol holding chamber device available
- Convenient to use and user friendly
- Fits most inhaler products
- Inhaler cordination time
- Reversible fit option
- LPDE Medical Grade Plastic and Made in the USA
Benefits of using RDS Microspacer Aerosol Spacer Device
- Certified by FDA to be substantiallty equivalent to other spacer devices.
- Ensures an effective delivery of aerosol particles to the lungs. Reduces the aerosol particle size to 2-3 micron range.
- Portable and easy to carry.
- Increases patient compliance.
- Compatible with most metered-dose inhaler products.
- Affords the patient time between actuating and inhaling the aerosol medication.
- For MDIs with the larger round shaped mouth pieces, simply reverse the Microspacer and insert the screen side into the MDI mouthpiece.
- Quality made product for customer satisfaction.
- Very cost effective.
- Easy maintenance. Rinse with warm water and air dry or dry with lint-free cloth. Dishwasher safe.
- For storage and to keep the unit clean.
RDS Microspacer Technical Specification
Microspacer Aerosol Spacer Device is made up of a durable plastic polyethylene. The built-in screen wall blocks the large aerosol medication particles that normally deposit in the mouth and throat while allowing the smaller treatment particles to pass through and into the lungs. This provides an effective treatment and helps to reduce unwanted side effects. The built-in screen system of Microspacer ensures an adequate coordination time with the spraying of inhaler. Microspacer Aerosol will help inhale the aerosol medication more reliably.
How to use RDS Microspacer?
|Remove the cap from inhaler.|
|Attach Microspacer to inhaler mouth-piece with recycle logo facing up.|
|Shake well 4 or 5 times.|
|Place Microspacer into mouth. Close lips.|
|Spray one puff from inhaler into the Microspacer.|
|Breathe in slowly and fully. Hold Breath for 10 seconds and repeat steps 3 to 7 as instructed by the doctor.|
How to Clean RDS Microspacer Aerosol Spacer Device?
- With repeated use, powder will accumulate on the Microspacer screen and around the MDI valve. This may eventually interfere with effective use.
- We suggest washing the MDI mouthpiece and the Microspacer unit daily or at least once a week.
- Warm tap water passing through the back of the screen is best, followed by drying with a soft, lint-free cloth or leaving the Microspacer overnight to air dry.
- Dishwasher safe and Latex free.
- Since most patients become lax in proper cleaning procedures, we suggest you replace the Microspacer unit every 4- 6 months.
- Also, if a patient is using more than one inhaler product, a new and separate Microspacer unit should be used for each different inhaler product. This is to avoid the possibility of different aerosol products mixing within the same MicroSpacer.