O2 Concepts Oxlife Freedom Portable Oxygen Concentrator ( 800-0003-1 )
O2 Concepts Oxlife Freedom Portable Oxygen Concentrator is suitable for adult patients with chronic pulmonary diseases such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, or lung cancer, those in the terminal stages of cancer or any patient requiring supplemental oxygen. It is a portable oxygen concentrator used on a prescriptive basis by patients requiring supplemental oxygen to be treated in a home environment, in an institutional environment or in a vehicle or mobile environment.
The patented energy smart technology makes the Freedom boasts long battery life and delivers the same robust pulse oxygen dosage as Oxlife Independence Oxygen Concentrator. Comes with pulse flow settings of 1? 5. O2 Concepts Oxlife Freedom POC Includes:(1) Oxlife Freedom Portable Oxygen Concentrator (1) Lithium-Ion Battery (1) Carry Bag (1) A/C Power Supply (1) D/C Power Supply (1) Accessory Bag (1) User Manual.
O2 Concepts Oxlife Freedom Features:
- Large LCD screen with simple control display
- Smart battery with long life and quick recharge time
- Includes a carry bag for ease of mobility and convenient storage on airplanes and vehicles
- Vehicle performance with DC power on all settings and the ability to charge on all settings as well
- Remote Monitoring via Cellular Connectivity and DNA Technology
- Efficient Performance and Longer Battery Life with Energy Smart Technology
- Lightweight and durable
- Battery Chargeable While Unit in Operation
- FAA Approved
- Cellular Connectivity via Verizon Network
- GPS Pinpoint for Easy Asset Location
- Remote Portfolio Management
- Monitor Usage via Online Portal.
How to use Oxlife Portable Concentrator?
Locating O2 Concepts Oxlife Freedom Concentrator:
- Place the Oxlife Freedom in a well-ventilated area free of smoke, fumes, pollutants and away from direct sun light. Avoid high humidity environments.
- Use only the supplied carry bag when ambulating with your device. Ensure that air intake and exhaust ports are not obstructed.
- Ensure that the carry strap is in good condition and the battery access zipper is closed. Ensure both intake port particle filters are in place. Contaminants drawn into the device may cause damage.
- Proper placement and positioning of the device is critical to the effectiveness of the oxygen therapy.
- The Oxlife Freedom must be located so that alarms can be heard.
- Position the oxygen supply tubing and power cords in a manner that prevents kinking, air flow obstructions and tripping hazards.
- Do not operate the device in an enclosed space, such as a closet.
- Do not locate the Oxlife Freedom near any flammable materials or cleaning products or in the direct path of any heat source such as a stove, heat register or car heater. Keep the Oxlife Freedom at least ten (10) feet (1.6 m) from hot sparking objects or open flame.
- Under certain circumstances, the use of non-prescribed oxygen therapy can be hazardous. This device should only be used when prescribed by a physician. -
- Not for use in the presence of aerosol sprays or flammable anesthetics. -
- Additional monitoring may be required for patients using this device who are unable to hear or see alarms or communicate discomfort. If the patient exhibits signs of discomfort, consult a physician immediately.
- The Oxlife Freedom is contraindicated for any patient who would experience adverse health consequences as the result of a temporary interruption in oxygen therapy.
- The availability of an alternate source of supplemental oxygen is strongly recommended in the case of power interruption or a mechanical failure of the device. Consult your healthcare provider for a recommendation of an alternate source of oxygen.
- It is the patient's responsibility to arrange for an alternate oxygen supply when traveling. O2 Concepts assumes no liability for persons choosing not to adhere to manufacturer recommendations.
- This device is for adult use only. It is not qualified for use by pediatric patients. This device is not qualified for use by patients with a tracheotomy.
- This device is not intended to be used in conjunction with a humidifier or nebulizer or connected to any other equipment. Use of this device with any other equipment may damage the device or impair device performance and will void the warranty.
How to choose a POC?
Know your Prescription
- - Continuous vs pulse dose -ie 2L/M continuous or 2-4 L/M pulse or via conserving device (on demand).
- - Pulse dose or on demand-patient should be tested by their pulmonologist or healthcare professional while ambulating to ensure that they can trigger the device and maintain an adequate oxygen saturation 89%.
- Flow Rate - Look at the amount of oxygen the machine produces and the available settings for that specific machine
- The smaller POC's under 10 Lbs will be pulse only. This is not to be used for sleeping.
- 24/7 POC's available 2-3L continuous and 6L pulse dose.
- Battery - Look at the battery life for the machine and available battery sizes to conveniently give you the hours you need
- Continuous flow gives a shorter battery life (02 Concepts Independence 2.5 hours on 2L, 1.5 hours on 3L).
- Car chargers are available.
- Pulse dose-(02 Concepts Freedom 2L=3.5 hours).
- Size/Weight - Look at the size/weight and how you will carry it or roll it.
- - Look at the POC manufacturer's track record in the field of POC's (02 Concepts manufacturers in the US and only manufacturers POC since 2010).
- - Warranty-02 Concepts gives a 5-year warranty on the Independence, 3 years on the sieve beds (the chamber that filters out the nitrogen and leaves the oxygen), and 1 on the battery. Freedom has a 3-2-1 warranty.
O2 Concepts Oxlife Freedom Concentrator 800-0003-1 Specifications:
||H: 9.4? (23.87cm) W: 9.0? (22.86 cm) D: 3.4? (8.63cm)
||4.53 lbs (2.05 kg)
||1.35 lbs (0.61 kg)
||1.2 lbs (0.54 kg)
||1.4 lbs (0.63 kg)
|Modes of Operation
|Flow Control Settings
||5 Settings: 1 to 5
||Up to 40 Breaths per Minute (BPM)
|Inspiratory Trigger Sensitivity
||= 0.2 cm H2O
||14.4V Lithium Ion Battery
|External Power Supply Power Input
||AC power: 100 - 240V AC, 50/60 Hz @ 1.0-2.0 amps
DC power: 12-15V DC; Recommended: 15A outlet at 12V
||0-13,123ft or (0-4000m)
||91% ? 4% (87 ? 95%) on all settings; measured purity values are within ? 2% of actual
values; there is no variation in purity within the operating altitude. This applies to the full
range of environmental operating conditions.
||50?F (10?) to 104?FSee (40?C)
||10% - 95% @ 82.4?F (28?C)
Operating Atmospheric Pressure
|101kPa to 63kPa
|Free of smoke, pollutants and fumes363
Transport/ Storage Temperature
|-4?F (-20?C) to 140?F (60?C)
Transport/ Storage Humidity
|0 ? 95% non-condensing
|DO NOT use cannula tubing longer than 7ft (2.13m)
Sound Level (Sound Pressure)
|56dBA (on setting 5)
Alarm Sound Level
|All alarms triggered by the device will be 48dBA or higher at 1 meter from the unit.
Maximum Outlet Pressure
|Less than 137kPa (normal or single fault)
||Device: 3 years/Sieve Tubes: 1year/Accessories: 1 year
Oxilife Freedom Warranty:
3-year Warranty at eemedicals.
THIS ITEM REQUIRES A PRESCRIPTION
If you do not have a prescription at time of purchase, a sales associate will reach out to you prior to delivery.